Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Well, we certainly

got snow last night. Totals ranged from around seven to almost nine inches, depending on the area of town and its environs. According to one of our local weathermen, he shoveled about seven inches at three this morning to get to work to shovel off the weather porch for the news at 5:30. Given that it was still snowing after nine this morning, I could believe the eight or more in our area. I looked out around seven, but didn't go down to measure and figured there wasn't a lot of point by the time was ready to go out since the wet snow had certainly suffered compression under its own weight. I can certainly say that it looked like a lot though, and the school district did call a snow day (they did that last week too).
Since there was all that snow on our driveway, Hubband went with with senario #1 and worked from home today. I started shoveling us out and since the snow was sticking to the shovel, I decided to be a bit lazy. I called Hubband on the phone and asked him to meet me inthe garage with can of Pam equivalent to spray on it. I was happy with how much easier the shoveling went after that, no more having to knock the snow off after every other pass. Not as easy or as quick as last week's shoveling was, but I got it done!

2 comments:

bruce said...

neat trick...

Jayhawk said...

I am disappointed that the high is not forecast for 80 today, but is only forecast for 79. I may have to wear a sweater. Bummer.